Friday, April 2, 2010

Wrote this a couple months ago. Like January. It's about letting go, and learning to move on from my biggest mistake. The title is Let the Rain Fall

Let the rain fall and wash away//
All the things I did for your love yesterday//
Let the flames grow, and burn a hole//
Through the words you said about growing old//

I once thought if I loved you//
You'd love me too, but now I know that isn't true//
So where do I go now, where can I run//
If just to get out and have some fun?//

(CHORUS)
Let the rain fall and wash away//
All the things I did for your love yesterday//
Let the flames grow, and burn a hole//
Through the words you said about growing old//
Let the thunder strike, and the bells ring//
As I let go of these memories//
Let the sun rise, as I open my eyes//
And I realize that we're not meant to be//
(END CHORUS)

As the wheels roll faster, I'm taken farther away//
From the chance to speak aloud the words I'd say//
I think if I'd said the words I wanted to say//
We would still be dwelling upon yesterday//

Let the rain fall and wash away//
All the things I did for your love yesterday//
Let the flames grow, and burn a hole//
Through the words you said about growing old//
Let the thunder strike, and the bells ring//
As I let go of these memories//
Let the sun rise, as I open my eyes//
And I realize that we're not meant to be//

If I asked you to leave, then begged you to stay//
Would you have stayed with me, or just gone away?//
I think I'm finally learning to lean on God//
Instead of you, tell me, IS THAT SO WRONG?//

Let the rain fall and wash away//
All the things I did for you yesterday//
Let the flames grow, and burn a hole//
Through the words you said about growing old//
Let the thunder strike, and the bells ring//
As I let go of these memories//
Let the sun rise, as I open my eyes//
And I realize that we're not meant to be//

I'm learning to lean so now that you know//
You're free to stay but I think you should go//
If the Lord is with me, why don't I feel free?//
These chains I'm wearing were tightened on me!//
So I'll break free with his eternal power//
And I'll leave you in my finest hour//
I'm not sure where I'll go from here//
But I'm prayin to him that my path is clear//

Let the rain fall and wash away//
All the things I did for you yesterday//
Let the flames grow, and burn a hole//
Through the words you said about growing old//
Let the thunder strike, and the bells ring//
As I let go of these memories//
Let the sun rise, as I open my eyes//
And I realize that we're not meant to be//
END
Wow, that was a lot of editing from the original. haha whatya think?

2 comments:

  1. I really like this one...have Gabe help you with chords. Nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You want Gabe to make music for this one?

    ReplyDelete