Thursday, January 6, 2011

I asked you

what the point of love is if it isn't returned.
is there a point?
I think the point is to make you feel special.
Do you feel special having someone's heart?
If you don't, then there isn't really a point is there?
I think it's to let you know it's meant to be.
but how many people do you love, do I love? no, it can't be that.
do you feel special?
I did.
when you were mine.
now i feel like the gum you pulled out of the pack,
chewed it up, spit on the ground, and now I'm stuck on your shoe.
Stuck on you.
How long until you scrape me off entirely?
Or just keep me on until I wear through and just disappear entirely?
I don't want do find out.
But to think you would scrape me off of your shoe and pop me back into the pack is impossible. Rechewing what's already been worn out and has tons of crap all over it?
You wouldn't.
So, the point doesn't matter, does it?
I'll disappear soon, according to the metaphor that so accurately fits our friendship.
But, I'm still stuck on you.
maybe while you were chewing the gum, you were on a bike, and spit it back onto your shirt? then i wouldn't disappear so fast...

No comments:

Post a Comment